How to Donate to The Educated Ferret Club & Shelter
Help support the ferrets in our shelter! We now accept donations online through PayPal. It's quick and easy and you can make a donation of any amount with your credit card, check card, or even with a personal check! Please Help Us Help Ferrets!! EVERY DOLLAR HELPS!
Please choose "GIFT" as the type of payment, so Paypal doesn't deduct a fee.
Our ferret club exists primarily to support our ferret shelter and educational facility, to keep its doors open so that we never have to turn a single needy ferret away. To keep our shelter running, and more importantly, to provide the care that the ferrets in the shelter need, we incur great expense. All ferrets in the shelter are provided rabies and distemper vaccines; ADV tested; provided only high-quality ferret diets; given warm, soft bedding to sleep in; secure cages to stay in; and provided any and all medical care that they require. The Educated Ferret Associationis a no-kill shelter, meaning that we do not put any ferret to sleep except for absolute medical necessity. Ferrets who come to us ill, injured, or generally kept poorly, we will rehabilitate and find a new home for. Even ferrets with cancer or other serious illnesses are provided treatment by us. The expense is significant, but we are doing for these innocent pets what a previous owner was unwilling to do.
We are funded entirely by donations and the fundraising efforts of our club members. Adoption fees do not even begin to cover the great expense we incur for even our healthiest residents; let alone the ill ferrets we care for. In short; donations are gratefully accepted and desperately needed.
You can donate to our organization in a number of ways. We accept donations of supplies or money, whichever you are more comfortable with. You can even make a monetary donation directly to our veterinarian so that you can be sure that your donation is going towards the medical care of needy ferrets.
You may make monetary donations in three ways: a check sent to our official shelter veterinarian; a check sent directly to us which we will use strictly for supplies, educational material and medical care for the shelter ferrets only; or you may make a donation to us through PayPal. Again, all monetary donations are used strictly for supplies and medical care of our shelter ferrets. Donations are not used for any other personal purpose ever.
- If you would like to make a donation to our veterinarian, simply make a check out to Countryside Animal Hospital and enclose a note with your check that clearly states that you are making a donation for The Educated Ferret Association and that the enclosed check is to be applied to The Educated Ferret Association's account. We request, but do not require, that you also alert us that you have made a donation by contacting us (anonymously if you wish) so we can be sure that the donation was applied. Our vets' address is as follows:
Countryside Animal Hospital
Dr Janet Edman
172 West State St.
Granby , MA 01033
- To make a monetary donation directly to the The Educated Ferret, simply send a check or money order to us at:
The Educated Ferret Association
43 N. Main Street, Apt #1,
South Hadley, MA. 01075
- Monetary donations through PayPal are accepted online! Click the Donate Now link at the top of this page. Thank you!
Donations of Supplies:
Supplies are always needed at our shelter branch locations and foster homes! We go through a great deal of food, treats, toys and bedding every year. We gratefully accept any and all ferret supplies! Some of the items currently on our shelter branches' Wish List include:
- Food: Totally Ferret, 8-in-1 Ultimate, ZuPreem, Natural Gold and Sheppard & Green.
- Toys: Any ferret safe toys! Balls, Kong toys, fleece balls, tubes, etc!
- Treats: Ferretone, FerretVite, NutriCal, and N-Bones top the list, but our shelter residents say that ANY treat is a good treat!
- Bedding: Always in demand. Hammocks, blankies, sleepy sacks... if it's soft and warm, the shelter kids say it's a winner!
- Educational Materials: Printer paper, ink cartridges (HP Photosmart Plus # 564 cartridges), stamps and envelopes.
- Supplies: Paper towels, Natures Miracle, bleach, Q-tips.
How to make your donation:
- Simply contact us to let us know what type of donation you have and we can give you a shipping address or possibly schedule a pick-up of the item(s).
The Shelter Directors and all of the ferrets in residence at The Educated Ferret Association wish to send their most heartfelt thanks to all who have made donations to us in the past!